Infertility is the inability to conceive or produce offspring. There are two types on infertility- primary and secondary infertility. Couples who have been trying and could never be pregnant are known primary inability. Some who were able to conceive once are termed as secondary infertility. Here patients with secondary infertility have better chance of getting pregnant on future tries. Do not fret as there are many people who have this problem and have easily coped with it.
-Some causes of Male Infertility
* Improper shape and movement of the sperm
* No Sperms in the testicles
* Low sperm count
* Varicocele – Varicose vein in the scrotum
* Undescended testicle
* Deficiency of testosterone
* Due to some infection
* Problems in ejaculation
-Some causes of Female Infertility
* Inflammation of Fallopian tube
* Ovulation disorders
* Early Menopause
* Obesity or underweight
* Cancer and its treatment
* Other medical problems
* Thyroid problems
* Pesticide and Chemical
* Alcohol and drugs
-Measures To Improve Fertility
* Get into proper shape by exercising and following a proper diet. As it very important to have a normal hormonal balance for the conception. Being over weight or under weight could just help your infertility woes.
* Stop Smoking completely. It has been found that smoking cigarette decreases sperm count in men. Women who smoke could no longer conceive.
* Avoid Alcohol. This too results in low sperm count. And is not good for women too.
* Best position. It is not sexist, but man on top and womn lying down is the best position for conception. Once the ejaculation happen, women should lie for at least 5 minutes in the same position.
* Use of Lubrication. Avoid petroleum jelly, K-Y jelly as these are known as sperm killers; instead use liquid paraffin which is available with most chemists.
* You can use egg white as a vaginal lubricant to help your conception process. The optimum use can be made when the woman is fertile. Do not use it for treating vaginal dryness. Do not try this if you are allergic to eggs.
* If you are having irregular periods it means you are not ovulating. Consult a doctor.
* Do not douche as this may not help the conception procedure.
* Keep testicles cool. Avoid tight clothes and close-fitting underwear.
* Abstain for sometime from intercourse so that the sperm count increases. Daily intercourse can decrease the sperm count.
Warning: The reader of this article should exercise all precautionary measures while following instructions on the home remedies from this article. Avoid using any of these products if you are allergic to it. The responsibility lies with the reader and not with the site or the writer.