The Global Head and Neck Cancer Diagnostics Market was valued at USD 6.19 billion in 2014 and is projected to reach USD 12.6 billion by 2020, at a CAGR of 12.67% during the forecast period. Overall, the head and neck cancer accounts for more than 550,000 cases annually (roughly 3 -5 % of all cancer incidences) all over the world. Generally, males are affected significantly more than females with a ratio ranging from 2:1 to 4:1. The market for head and neck cancer diagnostics is expected to increase year-on-year correlating with the rising cases of this disease in most regions.
The report on global head and neck cancer diagnostics has been segmented on the basis of various parameters. By type, it has segmented into laryngeal and hypo pharyngeal cancer, nasal cavity and paranasal sinus cancer, nasopharyngeal cancer, oral and oropharyngeal cancer, and salivary gland cancer. By diagnostic methods, this report has been further segmented into diagnostic imaging equipment, endoscopy screening equipment, bioscopy screening tests, blood tests, and dental diagnostic methods. Lastly, the report has also been segmented on the basis of geography into the Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Africa.
Demographically, Africa and Asia-Pacific, along with parts of Europe and certain regions in South America, have the highest incidences of head and neck cancer cases. These regions are prone to higher intake of alcoholic and tobacco products, which could be instrumental in the rising cases of head and neck cancer cases in these regions. In Asia-Pacific and Africa, India, China, and South Africa are the biggest markets for the overall head and neck cancer diagnostics market.
Some of the major trends driving the market are the rising cases of target diseases, growing geriatric population all over the world, and better healthcare initiatives by governments and various private organizations. An increase in the amount of disposable incomes in many regions across the globe is an opportunity that this market could utilize to capitalize on and expand further in other regions of the world.
This report explains the market growth and forecasts for the head and neck cancer diagnostics market, with specific focus attributed to the markets for diagnostic imaging, endoscopy, biopsy, blood tests, and dental diagnosis. The key drivers, restraints, and opportunities have been incorporated in the study, with a competitive analysis for the market captured simultaneously. The market size estimates have been forecasted for the year 2020 for both the global and regional markets.
Key Deliverables in the Study
1. Market analysis for the Global Head and Neck Cancer Diagnostics Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales
2. Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints
3. Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale
4. Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares
5. Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global head and neck diagnostics market on both global and regional scales
6. A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
7. A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market
8. Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped